August Core Value | Honesty
Honesty: speaking fairness and truth
They say honesty is the best policy, and here at Michigan Sports Academies, we agree! Honesty is a crucial part of the development of any team and is a large part of the foundation of our core values. Being honest helps build the framework for an athlete with great character. Honesty is not only about telling the truth but also about being real with yourself and others about who you are, what you want, and what you need to live up to your fullest potential. Honesty promotes openness and empowers us to live authentically.
Check out this video - "Principles of Perfect Athlete" - on honesty and integrity from former Central Michigan Wide Receiver, Kito Poblah!
“No legacy is as rich as honesty”
Ways to talk about honesty with your athlete(s);
- Why is it important to be honest?
- Name someone who is honest with you? Do you appreciate that they tell the truth even when it hurts?
- Should you be honest even if you know it might hurt someone?
- Recall a time when you weren’t honest. How did it make you feel? How did that make others feel?
- Be honest with yourself, what do you need to live up to your fullest potential?