Michigan Futsal State Cup 2019
What is the Michigan Futsal State Cup?
The Michigan Futsal State Cup is designed to provide the highest quality of futsal competition across the entire state of Michigan. Many of the participating clubs or academies are training in futsal and looking for high-level competition via league or tournament play.
Why the Michigan Futsal State Cup?
Futsal has always been considered an incredible training tool for soccer development, but over the past decade it has begun to stand alone as a sport of its own in America. Futsal is now the fastest growing sport in the country with academies popping up all over the map. With the introduction of U.S. Youth Futsal’s Academy program, the USYF Player Identification program, and the upcoming Professional Futsal League, the player development pathway has been set for youth players to continue playing futsal at the highest level. The Michigan Futsal State Cup is a new way for players to compete at the top level in the Mitten State!
How does the Michigan Futsal State Cup work?
The Michigan Futsal State Cup works very similar to the Michigan State Cup and Junior State Cup. Teams are placed in groups and each team will play three self-scheduled games. Teams who do well in the group stage will advance to the Playoffs weekend in Grand Rapids, MI.
Champions the Michigan Futsal State Cup will be granted a free spot to represent Michigan at the Great Lakes Regional Championships (January 17-20 in Akron, OH). Teams do not need to compete in the Futsal State Cup in order to attend the Regional Championships. Teams must register themselves if they wish to participate in the Great Lakes Regional Championships. Payment credit will be applied after Michigan State Cup results are in.
2019 Michigan Futsal State Cup Information
The inaugural season will take place in November-December, 2019. Group Stage games must be played in the first 6 weeks of the competition (November 8-December 15) and Playoffs will take place December 20-21 at MSA Sports Spot in Grand Rapids, MI. Divisions for both boys and girls will be combined age groups (i.e. U13-U14 / 2007-2006) for the first year of the competition.
Home courts for Group Stage games will be reviewed and selected by the League Commissioner and will be limited to designated areas in the state for the first year.
Playoffs Location: MSA Sports Spot – 3701 32nd St SE Kentwood, MI 49512
Group Formation & Rankings
Group Stage Structure:
- Divisions & match-ups will be drawn and posted 4 weeks prior to start date
- Teams self-schedule their Group Stage games
- Group Stage games are home/away (teams will have 1-2 home games and 1-2 away games)
- Group Stage games must be played in the first 6 weeks of the competition
- Group Stage schedules must be submitted 2 weeks before the start date
- Teams will be drawn at random for the inaugural season
- 2019 MFSC results will be used to rank/seed 2020 MFSC tournament
Schedules, Scores, & Standings
Michigan Futsal State Cup schedules, results & standings will be posted on HTG Sports as well as our social media platforms.
Rules & Regulations
- Official U.S. Youth Futsal Rules apply
- Game length: two 24-minute halves
- Playoff games only: during the last 2 minutes of play if the score differential is less than 4 goals, at the referee’s discretion, the clock can be stopped if it is determined that time-wasting techniques are being used.
- One 1-minute timeout allowed per half (when in possession of ball & ball is out of play)
- Ball size: U12 & younger – size 3 | U 13 & older – size 4 | Home team provides ball
- Heading is prohibited for ages U11 and under
- Players may be double-rostered on teams that are in different age divisions only. Players may not play for more than one team in the same age group.
- Abandoned matches will not be replayed and will count as a 0-3 forfeit.
The Michigan Futsal State Cup is extremely competitive. Please keep in mind that the aspect of sportsmanship is very important during the Futsal State Cup competition. Any inappropriate conduct by players, coaches, team officials, and/or parents will not be tolerated. Coaches, parents, and players should not approach referees after a game with questions or concerns. Please address any questions or concerns with Michigan Futsal State Cup staff directly.
2019 Registration, Fees & Divisions
Application: CLICK HERE
Entry Fee: $400 per team (plus $13.50 USYF annual fee per player)
- Court Fees for 1-2 Home Games (Group Stage)
- Referee Fees for all 3 Group Stage Games ($25 per game = $75 total per team)
- U9/U10 (2011-2010), U11 (2009), U12 (2008), U13 (2007), U14 (2006), U15 (2005), U16-U17 (2004-2003), U18-U19 (2002-2001)
- U9/U10 (2011-2010), U11 (2009), U12 (2008), U13 (2007), U14 (2006), U15-U16 (2005-2004), U17-U19 (2003-2001)
- Depending on number of registered teams, age groups may be combined if necessary
2019 Important Dates
- Friday, October 4 ~ Application Deadline
- Friday, October 11 ~ Divisions and Match-Ups Posted
- Friday, October 25 (5 PM) ~ Schedule Deadline (emailed to email@example.com)
- Friday, November 1 (5 PM) ~ Roster Deadline (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday, November 8 ~ First day allowed for games
- Sunday, December 15 ~ Last day allowed for games
- Tuesday, December 17 (10 PM) ~ Playoffs schedule posted
- Friday-Sunday, December 20-22 ~ Michigan Futsal State Cup Playoffs
Information & Results
Check our FB Page (Michigan Futsal State Cup) for all important tournament news, information, and updates!